Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
Ramona Ortega is the Founder & CEO of My Money My Future, a mission-driven financial tech company that combines culturally relevant financial content and simple to use tools to help young multi-cultural consumers manage their money with confidence. MMMF’s web app, Money Made Simple TM automates budgeting, provides automated financial advice and helps users choose the best financial products to build financial wealth. MMMF’s platform, Money Made Simple TM is a comprehensive financial education solution that gives universities, banks and employers access to engaging financial curriculum and webinars and produces a live financial bootcamp.
Ortega is a serial entrepreneur with over a decade of leadership in the public and private sectors. Prior to leading My Money My Future, Ortega was a corporate securities attorney in New York where she worked on complex securities litigation. Ortega also founded a boutique research consulting firm and a New York based international non-profit and has spent over a decade working on policy initiatives involving economic inequality and human rights. Ortega has a B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles and a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law.
She was recently named one of six Latina founders to watch and is a member of the Closing the Racial Wealth Gap Initiative, Experts of Color Network and board member of the Latino Startup Alliance. She is a contributor to TechCrunch and Huffington Post on issues of law, tech and diversity.
- How This CEO Is Turning Knowledge Into Financial Leverage
- As seen in CNN Money http://cnnmon.ie/1SjMm7c
- American Banker: Working with the underbanked in the age of Trump
- Ellevest Network Podcast with Ramona Ortega: Episode 36: Creating Opportunities, with Ramona Ortega http://po.st/EplZZy
- Wealth Management Today: Women: A Missing Pieces of the FinTech Puzzle
- Canvas8: MY MONEY MY FUTURE: EDUCATING THE UNDERBANKED ONE MEME AT A TIME
- Forbes: Ramona Ortega Explains Why Latino Millennials Are Imperative To Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
- Entrepreneur.com: This Startup Wants to Help Millennials Manage Their Money
- Daily Business Review: CEO: Financial Tech Needs More Diversity, and Disruptions Help
- La Opinion & La Prensa: Ella quiere hacer facil sus finanzas
- TechCrunch: 6 Latina Founders to Watch