This year, Prospanica celebrates 30 years of ¡IMPACTO!, not just for the organization but for Latinos in the US. Since 1988, the year NSHMBA—now Prospanica—was founded, the Latino population in the US has doubled, inspiring change in how the nation thinks, speaks, and creates. Latinos have assumed leadership roles across the nation, in our communities, organizations, and government.
At the 2018 Prospanica Conference & Career Expo ¡IMPACTO! Rising & Thriving, we’ll celebrate the last thirty years by looking forward. The conference serves as the premier platform for companies to connect with the Latino professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who will fuel their competitive engines. (Click for attending companies.) We’ll also hear from Latino corporate leaders—Cari Dominguez, Ana Dutra, and Richard Montañez—whose successes can inspire the next 30 years of Latino influence, innovation, and ascension.
Are you a student, hungry for that first opportunity? A professional, looking to hone your leadership skills and make that next connection? A company, searching for top Latino talent and a deeper connection to the Hispanic market? Join us to celebrate and discover Latino ¡IMPACTO!.
Why Milwaukee? Here are a few facts about the city and area:
- Milwaukee is less than 100 miles from Green Bay, Madison, and Chicago.
- The Latino population in metro Milwaukee has more than tripled since 1990 to about 160,000, or 10.2% of the region's total population.
- Without the surge in Milwaukee's Latino population since 1990, the city's population would have declined by over 16% between then and 2014.
- In 2016, Milwaukee opened a brand new Mexican Consulate.
- Milwaukee is a minority majority city with African Americans and Latinos making up more than half the city’s population.
- Milwaukee has invested over $2 billion in new development since 2010.
- Milwaukee is home to 9 Fortune 500 companies.
- In 2018 Milwaukee will open its new NBA Arena for the Bucks (located 2 block from the Wisconsin Center) and the streetcar system named “the Hop” (all rides will be free the 1st year).
- Milwaukee will host NHCC's 2018 Conference and LULAC’s 2019 National Convention.
Jumpstart Your Professional Success: Join Prospanica
Become a member today!
Your talent and our resources create a wide range of advantages that Prospanica members benefit from through programs and strategic partnerships that position you for success. Learn more about our organization and become a Prospanica Member today!
CONNECT WITH US AND SHARE ABOUT OUR CONFERENCE