Dr. Sylvestra Ramirez was raised on the Southside of Milwaukee and graduated from Saint Anthony’s school. After graduating from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, she went on to complete a Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree and a master’s degree in Women’s Health from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. In 2013, Dr. Ramirez founded Physical Therapy of Milwaukee, the first bilingual (English/Spanish) physical therapy clinic providing personalized rehabilitation care for people with work related injuries, muscle strains or sprains, sports injuries and post-surgical conditions. She and her staff are all bilingual and provide their services with much dedication and compassion.
As an award winning healthcare practitioner, business owner and Latina entrepreneur, she is devoted to improving the healthcare environment for the Milwaukee community and Spanish speaking patients and giving back to her community.
- Physical Therapy of Milwaukee was given the Business of the Year award from the Wisconsin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in 2014
- Dr. Ramirez was a recipient of Milwaukee’s Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science: College of Health Professions Distinguished Alumnus of the Year 2016
- 2016 Department of Physical Therapy Alumnus of the Year Award
- In 2017, Physical Therapy of Milwaukee was given the Wisconsin Outstanding Minority Business Enterprise Award.