6:30 am - 7:30 am
Fitting in Fitness: Yoga Class
Join us in this interactive session that will help you learn how to make time for fitness in the busy world of professionals.
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Pre-registration required. Teams of students analyze a complex business case to demonstrate their problem-solving skills. Teams present their findings before a panel of executives from leading corporations and academic institutions from across the country.
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Join us for a kick-off keynote to start the 2017 Conference.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Black Think: Increasing Diversity in Executive Leadership
This session will explore why Blacks continue to be underrepresented in the C-Suite, given the proven economic benefits of diversity. We will clarify the underlying issues while creating a space for understanding and implementing the most effective solutions. In collaboration with key thought partners representing business, government, academic and non-profit leaders, NBMBAA® will generate momentum to diversify America’s executive workforce.
10:45 am - 12:00 pm
• Presentation Matters: Effective Visuals to Convey Data
• Female Leadership & Breaking the Glass Ceiling
• Tapping into Your 401k for your Next Business Venture
• Community Impact: Leveraging Foundations
• Government Money Isn't What it Used to Be
• The Key to Building a Real Estate Empire
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Higher Ed Expo
Representatives from colleges, universities and graduate schools will join us to answer your questions, provide insight into their unique offering, and share scholarship opportunities. Visit the Higher Ed Expo booths to explore your education opportunities.
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Crisis Management Session
Participants will be presented with a crisis scenario and will have a limited amount of time to develop a management strategy. This interactive session is designed to challenge participants to think quickly, prioritize and weigh risks vs. rewards to reach desirable outcomes. Participants will present their solution to a panel of judges who will critique the handling of the case and provide feedback.
1. Attendees will test their current crisis management skills.
2. Attendees will receive feedback on their ability to handle emergency situations.
3.Attendees will learn how to adjust their mindset when approaching a crisis and take this mindset back to their own businesses
12:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Luncheon: Philadelphia, The Center of Entrepreneurship
As the second largest city on the east coast, and fifth largest population in the country, Philadelphia has much to offer. From top educational institutions, employment opportunities to outstanding entertainment options, Philadelphia is truly a world class city. Hear from some of the people who work hard to bring this great city to life, and what this city has to offer.
1. Attendees will learn the characteristics that make Philadelphia hospital to entrepreneurship
2. Attendees will learn about the entrepreneurial trends in Philadelphia
3. Attendees will learn about how to take the business practices from this thriving city and apply it to their home cities
2:30 pm - 3:45 pm
• Leading with Purpose
• How to Get 250K Social Media Followers
• Bitcoin & the Blockchain: The Future of Money
• Beyond Out: Corporate Leadership and LGBT+
• Coalition Building: The Power of Relationships
• Overcoming Your Fear of Entrepreneurship
4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
Gold Key Executive Networking (Invitation-only.)
An exclusive networking event for highly-skilled and experienced members who are seeking director-level and above positions with Fortune 500 companies. Guests will network with corporate executives and share experiences.
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Collegiate Partnership Receptions
Collegiate Partners are invited to attend a welcoming reception and celebrate with hors d’oeuvres and refreshments.
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Prospanica Brillante Gala
Prospanica’s annual Brillante Gala celebrates the year’s achievements and highlights the path ahead. During the Gala, Prospanica recognizes the recipients of the Brillante Awards, which honor the individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the educational, economic and social well-being of the Hispanic community.