6:00 am - 7:45 am
Fitting in Fitness: Yoga Class (1st Session) 6:00 am - 6:45 am
Fitting in Fitness: Yogo Class (2nd Session) 7:00 am - 7:45 am
Join us in this interactive session that will help you learn how to make time for fitness in the busy world of professionals.
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Employment Network
- All Access
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Approximately 300 corporations will have representatives on the Career Expo floor. Gather information, book interviews and network with exhibitors. **To take full advantage of the Career Expo, please upload your resume to the Prospanica Job Board as soon as possible. Employers begin reviewing resumes over the summer to book interviews.**
9:00 am - 10:30 am
NBMBAA® Membership Meeting
- Members-only Annual Meeting
- Please join the National Black MBA Association® as we host our Annual Membership Meeting.
- Our President & CEO Jesse Tyson, Board Chair Bruce Thompson and National Headquarters executives would like to share with you a recap of our year, discuss some exciting things to come, and present the Chapter of the Year, [...]
Prospanica® Membership Meeting
- Members-only Annual Meeting'
- Prospanica® will host their own members-only annual meeting.
10:45 am - 12:00 pm
• Keep the Torch Lit: Leading with Relevance and Cultural Authenticity
• Success in a Sharing Economy
• So You Want to Be an Ex-Pat?
• How to Retire by 40
• Getting a Job Offer through Non-Traditional Means
• How to Make Your Side Hustle Your Main Hustle
12:10 pm – 1:45 pm
Special Session: Business of Sports
The panelists composed of sports business executives will reflect on their success as well as their failures, lessons learned and moments of triumph. Navigating the twists and turns of their careers, they will discuss the next-level adjustments needed to succeed in the business of sports.
Moderator: Kevin Blackistone - ESPN Commentator
Panelists: Mark O’Brien, Keisha Taylor, Dr. Kenneth Shropshire, Lara Price
1:30 pm - 2:45 pm
• Leadership in a Difficult Climate
• How Your Start-Up Can Close the Wealth Gap
• BRIC: Capitalizing on Burgeoning Markets
• The Art of Negotiation
• Mastering the Career Pivot
• Embracing Intraprenuership
2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Case Competition Showcase & Reception
Graduate Competition finalists will present their case solutions. Graduate & Undergraduate Case Competition winners will be announced.
2:45 pm – 4:00 pm
Am I My Sister’s Keeper?
Diversity has taken center stage around Women, but women of color aren’t being elevated at the same rates. Is there enough discussion around the challenges experienced by women of color or enough focus on building the right sponsorship and pathways for women of color to succeed in today’s climate? Am I my sister’s keeper?
Sponsored by Bank of America
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
2017 Impact Awards
The NBMBAA® Impact Awards recognize the members, Chapters, Partners and others who have demonstrated exceptional service of the organization's mission and goals.
MC: Tamron Hall
10:00 pm - 2:00 am
Tickets required. MBA Live includes a Friday night concert and Saturday day party. This lifestyle event allows attendees to unwind and balance their focused and aligned week of exploration and innovation with fun and excitement.